The Condo Mania Team
Optima Kierland or Optima Camelview, Which to Pick?
published on 2020-12-12
If you've driven by the Optima Camelview Village in downtown Scottsdale, you can't help but notice the unique garden terraces that provide a welcome cool in desert architecture. Optima is an innovative high rise builder in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area, and didn't stop with the distinctive Camelview property - it has been busy constructing the Optima Kierland to the north. This highrise community is a head turner too, so which one do you pick? Here are some differences between the two communities:
- Prices are lower at Optima Camelview. This community is older than the Kierland property, which still commands new construction pricing.
- Each building at Optima Kierland has it's own amenities, from sport court to party room. That's a big draw for those that enjoy having everything an elevator ride away. At the Optima Camelview, amenities are shared across all the buildings, so you'll have to walk a little to the gym - however, the walk is quite pleasant with the awesome landscaping in the interior of the community.
- Do you prefer a view with your pool or a little more intimate experience? There are several pools at Optima Camelview spread around the property and surrounded by lush landscaping. The Optima Kierland rooftop pool sits you high above the crowd and offers spectacular views of the valley.
- Though both communities have high end shopping right across the street, the Optima Camelview has the Downtown Scottsdale character right at its doorstep - the art galleries in old town, several museums, the civic center plaza, and spring training baseball. Several festivals during the year are centered in Downtown Scottsdale.
- Optima Kierland has one building set aside (and unaffiliated with the owned as high end rentals, which means that if you are an investor (or want to be one in the future), you'll be competing with the rental building. Optima Camelview does allow rentals and there are renters in the community.
There are a myriad of other differences that may sway you towards one property over the other. Contact us for more information about Optima properties, and other condos in the area. We are luxury condo specialists and can put our expertise to work for you.
About the Kierland area
Kierland has a nice collection of luxury condo buildings, making this area the "other downtown," though definately more of a planned development than the organic downtown area. The Kierland Plaza Lofts and the Scottsdale Landmark are the two other highrises well established here, each with their own interesting character. These highrises grew up around the Kierland Commons shopping/dining development and the Westin Kierland Golf Club. The Scottsdale Quarter is the newer addition, which is across the street from the Optima Kierland.
Back to: Articles
Though not guaranteed, information and statistics in this article have been acquired from sources believed to be reliable.
As a developer, you know you have done well when an area starts to be known by the shopping center you've developed. That's how it is with the Kierland area and the few Kierland condos that are very popular with our clients. But in all fairness, the community was so nicely developed that you can see why. Kierland Commons is an outdoor shopping center with an eclectic mix of boutiques, restaurants, and shopping. Promoters also work hard to keep you coming back, with events such as celebrity chef appearances, concerts, and food and wine tastings. Live in the Kierland area and you can walk to all that.
The Optima Camelview is a newer construction mid rise condo development on Camelback Rd. in the Scottsdale Old Town area. Every unit has a garden terrace, with views of the landscaped courtyards, or of the Scottsdale city lights. The eleven buildings are 7 stories tall.
Units range from 800 square feet to 3,000 square feet or more of living space with views of the interior courtyards or out to the city. Interiors include nine-foot ceilings, gourmet kitchens with granite ...
Get the latest modern interiors and the most extensive amenities at Optima Kierland. Spanning several 12-story towers with floor plans from one to four bedrooms, these modern homes deliver the ultimate in 21st century living. Along with expected features like high-end appliances, European cabinetry and polished quartz countertops, this community offers private terraces with vertical landscaping, high ceilings, expansive views and energy-efficient large windows that invite nature inside. But ...
85254 includes the popular Kierland area, with several highrise options including the Optima Kierland. But you'll find mostly low-rise condos and single family homes in most of this zipcode.
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing based on color, race, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, or disability.
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. The information being provided is for consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This information, including square footage, while not guaranteed, has been acquired from sources believed to be reliable.
Last Updated: 2022-01-28 05:57:57